Certified Hedge Fund Compliance Expert (CHFCE), distance learning and online certification program
The CHFCE program has been designed to provide with the knowledge and skills needed to understand and support regulatory compliance and risk management in the hedge funds industry. The course provides with the skills needed to pass the Certified Hedge Fund Compliance Expert (CHFCE) exam.
The CHFCE certification program is beneficial to:
- Managers and employees involved in the design and implementation of risk and compliance related strategies, policies, procedures, risk assessments, control activities, testing, documentation, monitoring and reporting in the hedge funds industry.
- Vendors, suppliers, and service providers.
This course is intended for financial organizations demanding qualified professionals that meet the fit and proper requirements.
Part A: Hedge fund compliance.
- Accredited investors.
- Hedge funds are different.
- The hedge fund compliance function.
- Legal and compliance.
- The Chief Compliance Officer (CCO).
- Regulatory reporting.
- Key compliance documentation.
- Hedge fund compliance before the near-failure of the LTCM.
- The turning point, Long Term Capital Management (LTCM).
- Hedge fund compliance after the near-failure of the LTCM.
- Lessons learned.
- Case Study.
Part B: Hedge fund compliance standards and best practices in the USA.
- U.S. regulators that oversee hedge funds.
- The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
- The SEC rulemaking process.
- SEC investigation.
- Document retention.
- The Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC).
- The U.S. Department of the Treasury.
- The Financial Stability Oversight Council (FSOC).
- The Federal Reserve System.
- The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC).
- The National Futures Association (NFA).
- The Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).
- U.S. regulations.
- The Securities Act of 1933.
- The Securities Exchange Act of 1934.
- The Investment Company Act of 1940.
- The Investment Advisers Act of 1940.
- The Sarbanes Oxley Act of 2002.
- The Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act of 2010.
- Regulation D.
- The JOBS Act of 2012.
- Rules and Regulations.
- The financial crisis inquiry report.
Part C: Hedge fund compliance, standards, and best practices in the European Union (EU).
- The European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA).
- The Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive (2011/61/EU).
- Important articles.
- Delegated Regulation (EU) No 231/2013.
- Delegated Regulation (EU) No 694/2014.
- The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) of the EU, and the extraterritorial application of EU law.
- Important sections.
- Territorial scope.
- Principles relating to processing of personal data.
- Data protection by design and by default.
- Data protection impact assessment.
- Tasks of the data protection officer.
- Transfers of personal data to third countries.
- Steps, from the European Union Agency for Network and Information Security (ENISA).
- Closing remarks.
Become a Certified Hedge Fund Compliance Expert (CHFCE)
We will send the program up to 24 hours after the payment. Please remember to check the spam folder of your email client too, as emails with attachments are often landed in the spam folder.
You have the option to ask for a full refund up to 60 days after the payment. If you do not want one of our programs or services for any reason, all you must do is to send us an email, and we will refund the payment, no questions asked.
Your payment will be received by our strategic partner and service provider, Cyber Risk GmbH (Dammstrasse 16, 8810 Horgen, Switzerland, Handelsregister des Kantons Zürich, Firmennummer: CHE-244.099.341). Cyber Risk GmbH may also send certificates to all members.
The all-inclusive cost is $297. There is no additional cost, now or in the future, for this program.
First option: You can purchase the Certified Hedge Fund Compliance Expert (CHFCE) with VISA, MASTERCARD, AMEX, Apple Pay, Google Pay etc.Purchase here the Certified Hedge Fund Compliance Expert (CHFCE) with VISA, MASTERCARD, AMEX, Apple Pay, Google Pay etc.
Second option: QR code payment.
i. Open the camera app or the QR app on your phone.
ii. Scan the QR code and possibly wait for a few seconds.
iii. Click on the link that appears, open your browser, and make the payment.
Third option: You can purchase the Certified Hedge Fund Compliance Expert (CHFCE) program with PayPal
When you click "PayPal" below, you will be redirected to the PayPal web site. If you prefer to pay with a card, you can click "Debit or Credit Card" that is also powered by PayPal.
What is included in this price:
A. The official presentations (1,107 slides)
The presentations are effective and appropriate to study online or offline. Busy professionals have full control over their own learning and are able to study at their own speed. They are able to move faster through areas of the course they feel comfortable with, but slower through those that they need a little more time on.
B. Up to 3 online exam attempts per year
Candidates must pass only one exam to become CHFCEs. If they fail, they must study the official presentations and retake the exam. Candidates are entitled to 3 exam attempts every year.
If candidates do not achieve a passing score on the exam the first time, they can retake the exam a second time.
If they do not achieve a passing score the second time, they can retake the exam a third time.
If candidates do not achieve a passing score the third time, they must wait at least one year before retaking the exam. There is no additional cost for any additional exam attempts.
To learn more you may visit: www.hedge-funds-association.com/Questions_About_The_Certification_And_The_Exams_1.pdf
C. The Certificate, with a scannable QR code for verification.
We will send it via email in Adobe Acrobat format (pdf). You will receive it up to 7 working days after you pass the exam.
D. One web page of the International Association of Hedge Funds Professionals (IAHFP) dedicated to you (https://www.hedge-funds-association.com/Your_Name.htm).
When third parties scan the QR code on your certificate, they will visit the web page of the International Association of Hedge Funds Professionals (IAHFP) that is dedicated to you. They will be able to verify that you are a certified professional, and your certificates are valid and legitimate.
In this dedicated web page we will have your name, the certificates you have received from us, pictures of your certificates, and a picture of your lifetime membership certificate if you are a lifetime member.
This is an example:
Professional certificates are some of the most frequently falsified documents. Employers and third parties need an easy, effective, and efficient way to check the authenticity of each certificate. QR code verification is a good response to this demand.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. I want to learn more about the International Association of Hedge Funds Professionals (IAHFP).
The IAHFP is wholly owned by Compliance LLC, a company incorporated in Wilmington NC and offices in Washington DC, a provider of risk and compliance training in 36 countries.
Several business units of Compliance LLC are very successful associations that offer standard, premium, and lifetime membership, weekly or monthly updates, training, certification, Authorized Certified Trainer (ACT) programs, advocacy, and other services to their members.
2. Does the association offer training?
The IAHFP offers the Certified Hedge Fund Compliance Expert (CHFCE), distance learning and online certification program. To learn more, you may visit: https://www.hedge-funds-association.com/Distance_Learning_and_Certification.htm
For instructor-led training, you may contact Lyn Spooner.
3. Is there any discount available for the distance learning program?
Unfortunately, we do not offer any discount. We want to keep the cost of the program so low for all members.
4. Are your training and certification programs vendor neutral?
Yes. We do not promote any products or services, and we are 100% independent.
5. I want to learn more about the exam.
You can take the exam online in the comfort of your home or office, in all countries. You will be given 90 minutes to complete a 35-question multiple-choice exam. You must score 70% or higher.
We do not send sample questions. If you study the presentations, you can score 100%.
When you are ready to take the exam, you must follow the steps: https://www.hedge-funds-association.com/CHFCE_Certification_Steps_1.pdf
6. How comprehensive are the presentations? Are they just bullet points?
The presentations are not bullet points. They are effective and appropriate to study online or offline.
7. Do I need to buy books to pass the exam?
No. If you study the presentations, you can pass the exam. All the exam questions are clearly answered in the presentations. If you fail the first time, you must study more. Print the presentations and use Post-it to attach notes, to know where to find the answer to a question.
8. Is it an open book exam? Why?
Yes, it is an open book exam. Risk and compliance management is something you must understand and learn, not memorize. You must acquire knowledge and skills, not commit something to memory.
9. Do I have to sit for the exam soon after receiving the presentations?
No. You can sit for the exam from your office or home, any time in the future. Your account never expires and there is no restriction of any kind.
10. Do I have to spend more money in the future to remain certified?
No. Your certificate never expires. It will be valid, without the need to spend money or to sit for another exam in the future.
11. Ok, the certificate never expires, but things change.
Recertification would be a great recurring revenue stream for the association, but it would also be a recurring expense for our members. We resisted the temptation to "introduce multiple recurring revenue streams to keep business flowing", as we were consulted. No recertification is needed for our programs.
Things change, and this is the reason you need to become (at no cost) a member of the association. Every month you can visit the "Reading Room" of the association and read our newsletter with updates, alerts, and opportunities, to stay current.
12. How many hours do I need to study to pass the exam?
You must study the presentations at least twice, to ensure you have learned the details. The average time needed is 43 hours for the CHFCE program, but there are important differences among members.
13. Why should I get certified?
Firms and organizations hire and promote "fit and proper" professionals who can provide evidence that they are qualified. Employers need assurance that employees have the knowledge and skills needed to mitigate risks and accept responsibility. Supervisors and auditors ask for independent evidence that the process owners are qualified, and that the controls can operate as designed, because the persons responsible for these controls have the necessary knowledge and experience.
The marketplace is clearly demanding qualified professionals in risk and compliance management. Certified professionals enjoy industry recognition and have more and better job opportunities. It is important to get certified and to belong to professional associations. You prove that you are somebody who cares, learns, and belongs to a global community of professionals.
14. Why should I choose your certification program?
We strongly believe that we offer very good value for money.
a. The all-inclusive cost of the CHFCE program is very low. There is no additional cost for the program, now or in the future, for any reason.
b. There are 3 exam attempts per year that are included in the cost of the program, so you do not have to spend money again if you fail.
c. No recertification is required. Your certificate never expires.